Heritage of Faith Bible Institute offers a Doctorate in Ministry for the following reasons [with purpose]:
We believe it is an imperative for Christians to be divinely connected to their life assignment.
As believers live out their lives before God it remains a permanent mandate for them to continually study to show themselves approved unto God as a workman within the kingdom of God, not being ashamed to rightly divide the Word of truth [2 Timothy 2:15].
That believers will make disciples of all nations [nationality and ethnic groups] as we believe a disciple is the most powerful person on earth.
To this end we offer the Doctorate as a Mentor to guide young disciples and leaders within the kingdom of God to carry the baton into future generations to fulfil the role described in Acts 13:36 serving this generation.
Such qualified Mentors will play an important role in the Bible Institute for training believers for the work of ministry into the future.
Guidelines for acceptance into the Doctorate in Ministry Program:
Scholars must have successfully completed all the requirements for the Specialised Ministry Training [M.Min] program.
ProposalSubmit a proposal outlining the approach to the study focus, including goals and objectives, based upon your choice of one of the following topics.
You may wish to propose an alternative perspective for your chosen topic in which case you are to defend your proposal with sound theological and hermeneutical principles and guidelines.
The Relevance of the Church in the Market Place
Apostolic Mandate for the Modern Day Church
- New Wine Skins
- Church Reformation
- Apostolic Authority
- Vision and Values
- Apostolic Christianity
Transformational Leadership in the Life of Jesus
- Phase 1 – Historical Research of Leadership
- Phase 2 – Analysis, Content and Defence
- Phase 3 – Biblical Studies in the Life of Jesus
- Phase 4 – Leadership in the Life of Jesus
- Phase 5 – Modern day Leadership, Design, Implementation and Application
- Phase 6 – Thesis based on the above research, analysis, design and implementation
What role did the following disciples play in the life and ministry of the Apostle Paul?
- John Mark
- Aquilla and Priscilla
Consideration must be given to the many places he, Paul, found himself ministering and what and how he managed the opposition, tribulation and adversity facing him on his various journeys [missions trips]
A comprehensive study of the book of Acts is necessary in order to expound on this subject, yet not limited thereto, consider and learn how this Apostolic genius managed these special relationships around himself, and the spiritual outcome until his death.
Candidates are to choose a topic for research [each topic has leading aspects]
The research is to be written up as a full thesis [with specifications as outlined in the document headed, How to write a Thesis, with the following additional provisos;
- Research must be authentic and original with a pre-approved area of research.
- Research and study field of interest are to carry suitable accreditations so as to validate the theory, for example, Eschatology is to carry concepts of a presentable worldview.
- Meaning of original terms.
- Use in the life of Jesus in contrast with Jewish concepts.
- Place in theology.
- Relationship with both covenants [old and new].
- Prophetic character [if any].
- Modern and future hypothesis.
- Strengths and weaknesses or opinions.
Registration is valid for two years, 24 months, from date of registration.
Upon successful completion the Doctorate will be certified and issued by the USA – Heritage of Faith Bible Institute.